Chief Operating Officer
For this highly esteemed beacon of spirituality and heritage at the very heart of one of the most vibrant cities in the country, we are recruiting a Chief Operating Officer. This newly created role, for the 600-year-old Manchester Cathedral, represents a unique chance to play a crucial part in building a strong community that makes a real difference.
- The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible to the Dean and Chapter for the day-to-day management of the Cathedral’s operations and for the implementation of Chapter’s strategic decisions.
- Whilst maintaining strong links with the Dean, Residentiary Canons and other officers and Cathedral staff, they will manage, develop and lead a well-established administrative team, full-time and part-time volunteers.
- The Chief Operating Officer will have overall responsibility for the financial management of the Cathedral and its charities, and for ensuring all financial records are up to date and in good order, with the Cathedral Accountant.
- With the Cathedral Architect, they will ensure the proper management, maintenance and development of the Cathedral buildings, property and grounds.
The candidate profile:
- Preferably with a working knowledge of the Church of England and associated charities, it is essential that you have experience developing strategies into practical outcomes in a complex multi-faceted environment.
- With sympathy for the life and work of the Cathedral and its Christian mission, above all you are a flexible and effective communicator, confident developing strong relationships with external authorities as well as all internal stakeholders.
- Whilst experience of project and building management would be helpful, it is essential that you have experience of working within compliance with relevant legislations.
- With a strong background in financial and commercial management, you are a natural leader who prioritises teamwork and people development.
If you are an ambitious and driven Chief Operating Officer / Administrator who is committed to supporting the Dean and Chapter and who thrives on inspiring teamwork, please send your CV and cover letter to our retained consultants at Cooper Edwards: firstname.lastname@example.org