Strategic Procurement Manager
Yorkshire – Excellent package
For a leading manufacturer based in Yorkshire, we are recruiting a Strategic Procurement Manager to drive the procurement strategy for the business.
The main responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Operations Director, the Strategic Procurement Manager will play a key part in a companywide change initiative, by developing a purchasing strategy which supports the strategic business plan.
- You will put in place, negotiate and agree contracts and partnership/long term agreements with the main suppliers, monitoring the quality of service provided and assuring regular review based on the score card.
- Developing and deliver the annual cost reduction plan, you will forecast price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Whilst building and maintaining good relationships with new and existing suppliers, you will evaluate risks and work to eliminate single source supplying wherever possible.
- You will lead and engage your team to ensure that Procurement becomes a key factor in improving the wider business productivity and efficiency.
The profile required:
- Of degree calibre and CIPS qualified, it is essential that you have gained experience in a changing manufacturing environment.
- You have proven experience of identifying, analysing and negotiating cost-saving opportunities with regards to business supplies and services for manufacturing.
- With excellent commercial sense, you have extensive experience gained negotiating contracts and long term or partnership agreements.
- A change agent, you have excellent leadership skills with a distinct ability to engage and motivate your team through successful change, whilst having the confidence to challenge the status quo.
- With exposure to ERP systems, you are proficient in MS tools.
If you meet the above criteria and want to find out more about this challenge, please send your CV and cover letter to our retained consultants at Cooper Edwards: CV@Cooperedwards.com