Not-for-profit organisation – Social Work
Make a difference to the wellbeing and safety of Looked After Children and Young People
North East / Yorkshire / East Midlands
For a leading and well-established non-profit organisation that supports Looked After Children and Young People, we are recruiting a Non-Executive Director based in Yorkshire, East Midlands or the North East.
The main responsibilities include:
- As part of a board of non-executive directors, you will provide knowledge and expertise in the management of children’s social work and foster care services, by proactively offering independent judgement on issues of strategy, performance and resources.
- You will actively participate in and constructively challenge Board discussions, helping develop proposals on strategy.
- You will complete site visits during the year across the regions, and establish positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- You will comply with safeguarding policies and promote the welfare and protection of Children and Young People.
The profile required:
- With a professional Social Work qualification and currently registered, you have experience in senior management of services to LACs (looked After Children) in a LA (Local Authority), IFA (Independent Fostering Agency) or charity.
- Experience formulating and implementing strategy for the best possible outcome of children services.
- Equally important is your natural affinity with a strong and genuine Not for Profit ethos: it is essential that candidates embrace the principles of a highly ethical and people centred organisation.
- Understanding of the role of the independent sector in providing fostering services.
- Ability to allow 30 days work per annum, or a minimum of 1.5 days per month for your duties, with a certain level of flexibility for additional requirements.
If you are an experienced board level senior social worker with a genuine interest in improving the wellbeing and safety of Looked After Children, please send your CV and cover letter to our retained consultants at Cooper Edwards.