Head of Procurement
West Yorkshire – Manufacturing
For a leading manufacturer based in Yorkshire, we are recruiting a Head of Procurement to drive the procurement strategy and team for the business.
The main responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Procurement will play a key part in a companywide change initiative, by developing a procurement strategy which supports the strategic business plan.
- They will have responsibility for sourcing and managing a global supply base of materials and services, negotiating contracts and managing supplier relationships.
- Managing Shipping, the Head of Procurement will be responsible for ensuring that products are transported cost effectively within customer deadlines and international legal requirements.
- They will manage, lead and engage a dynamic team of buyers, category leads and planners through change, all the while instilling a strong culture of operational performance in processes and data, underpinned by best practice.
The profile required:
- Of degree calibre, preferably in an Engineering or Technical discipline and CIPS qualified, it is essential that you have gained strategic procurement and purchasing experience in a changing manufacturing environment.
- As Head of Procurement, you have second-to-none leadership skills with a distinct ability to engage and motivate your team through successful change, whilst having the confidence to challenge the status quo.
- With excellent commercial sense, you have extensive experience gained negotiating contracts and long term or partnership agreements on a global scale.
- With exposure to ERP systems, you are proficient in MS tools.
If you are an ambitious Head of Procurement or Procurement Manager who meets the above criteria and want to make your mark in an organisation going through an exciting period of transformation, please send your CV and cover letter with current remuneration package to our retained consultants at Cooper Edwards: firstname.lastname@example.org