Area Sales Manager
Central Area / East Anglia
Our client is a well-established privately-owned manufacturer and distributor of appliances and furniture to a wide range of customers, from merchants to independent showrooms.
Reporting into the Sales Manager, there is a need for an Area Sales Manager to develop the Independent Showrooms customer base on their territory.
- You will be responsible for the sales and customer service to independent showrooms only, ensuring that your financial targets are met, for Central and East Anglia: from Lincolnshire to Hemel Hempstead, and from Birmingham to Norfolk.
- In agreement with the Sales Manager, you will develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand your customer base within the group.
- You will ensure all customers are called on within a specified timescale, as well as prospect for potential new clients, and turn this into increased business.
- You will present new products and services, thereby enhancing existing relationships.
- Within Head Office, you will work closely with technical staff and other departments to meet customer needs.
- It is essential that you have gained experience in Area/Field Sales, having had responsibility for managing your own budget for your own territory.
- It is also essential that you have sold to independent showrooms rather than purely national merchants, eg. in consumer durables, DIY products, furniture, KBB sectors etc.
- With a solid track record of new business development and account management, you have an entrepreneurial and competitive mindset, always striving to reach your financial targets and build effective spending accounts.
- With a strategic outlook on the short, medium, and long-term development of your territory, you thrive on working closely with customers and developing a thorough knowledge of your market segment by forging long lasting relationships.
This is an excellent opportunity for a high-performing, customer-facing driven sales professional within the consumer durables sector to make their mark. If you meet the above criteria we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV and cover letter with current remuneration package to our retained consultants at Cooper Edwards: CV@cooperedwards.com